After meeting with our church leadership this past week, we decided that we want to continue to look forward with anticipation and faith to seeing the ministries of Mt. Carmel return after the necessary shutdown in December. Because we know the positivity rate for COVID in Page County is high right now, we will continue to monitor the health of the community and prayerfully make decisions that will honor Jesus Christ.
Here are the plans for the ministry reset:
Sunday Worship Services
- We will continue with one Sunday worship service at 11 a.m. until further notice.
- The services will be livestreamed to the cafeteria and nursery for families. (We stopped this when the nurseries originally opened up.)
Church Business Meeting
- The church business meeting that was originally scheduled for Sunday, December 20, would take place on Sunday, January 17, after the morning service.
- We would be voting on the 2021 budget, the 2021 deacons and church officers, and two motions made by the deacon board.
- Ballots would be made available at the church starting on Wednesday, January 13, for those who want to cast a vote but will not plan to be at the Sunday morning worship service.
- Click here to view the recommendations, budget, and church officers.
- Click here to read a detailed explanation for the recommendations by the deacons.
- In-person high school youth group would start on Sunday, January 24, at 6:00 p.m. Masks will be required. The meeting will take place in the Grove House only. The youth group will not be using the gym or serving refreshments for the first two Sundays back.
- In-person junior high youth group would start on Wednesday, January 27, at 7:00 p.m. Masks will be required. The meeting will take place in the Grove House only. The youth group will not be using the gym or serving refreshments for the first two Sundays back.
- This is the suggested date because the PCPS is planning to return to in-person classes around this same time. If this changes, we will re-consider these start dates.
- In-person adult Life Groups—including the Young Adult Ministry—would start on Sunday, February 7, with groups meeting at the church at 10:00 a.m. (or in homes on other days and times).
- The Hope for Weary Moms Group led by Carrie Owens would restart in February.
- The Ladies' Ministry, led by Maria Copeland and Jamie Hasse, would have their kickoff gathering in February.
- With adequate staffing, in-person Sunday school classes for Teens (Grove House) and kids (Cafeteria) would also start on Sunday, February 7, at 10:00 a.m.
- With adequate staffing, in-person nursery would start on Sunday, February 7, at 10:00 a.m.
- With adequate staffing, in-person Kids’ Church would start on Sunday, February 7, during the 11:00 a.m. worship service.
- Carrie Owens will continue practicing with the children on their Christmas program—which we will host in the spring when the children are read.