Good Evening, Church Family! I wanted to share with you a few important items regarding this weekend’s services.
1) As a reminder, we are using every other weekend as a time for the Life Group leaders to meet and be encouraged. Because of this, our adult Life Groups, Sunday school classes, and nursery will not be meeting this Sunday.
2) Missionary Marc Buxton and his family will be with us this Sunday morning! Marc is one of our missionaries to the city of Manila, Philippines! You will want to hear from him and see his family!
3) A short business meeting will take place after both morning services for our members. The agenda and items up for vote can be found on the attachment to this e-mail. (There is also a OneCall being sent regarding an amendment to the deacons' recommendation. All the information is also written out in the attached document.)
4) Last Sunday we announced that Mt. Carmel will be hosting a Trunk-or-Treat event on Saturday, October 31, for Page County. We need your help to make it a true blessing for our community! Would you please pray about helping by hosting a trunk or providing some candy to be given away? Thank you for living out the generosity of the Gospel that we have received in Jesus!
5) Please continue to pray for Pat Stephenson and family in the loss of her husband of 74 years, Bill. I know that he was also an amazing friend to so many of you as well. Thank God for Heaven! The details for Bill’s remembrance can be found here.
Finally, starting a week from this Sunday—on October 18—we are going to explore the Book of Esther looking for the glories of Jesus. May I encourage you to begin reading this 10-chapter book? Although we will be going through Esther from beginning-to-end, the book is filled with incredible parallels. For example, the book begins with a feast in Chapter 1—and then closes with a feast at the end of Chapter 9. Understanding the whole narrative of the book will be a great help as we explore its truths together. You may even consider listening to the Bible on your smartphone. It takes less than 15 minutes to listen to the entire book.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday! Please pray with me that the Spirit of God pierces our hearts with the mercy, grace, and love of the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus! Have a wonderful weekend, my dear friends!